DAVEH:  That's an interesting perspective, DavidM.  Since there is not a lot of detail explained about his life prior to his baptism, I wonder if you aren't presupposing his ability to do miracles simply because none are recorded.

    Do you believe not Jesus was anointed to be the Messiah prior to his coming to the earth?  If so, was that anointing not in effect prior to his baptism?

David Miller wrote:
DaveH wrote:

As I understand what you are saying, you do not believe
Jesus was God during his brief time on earth?  That
doesn't seem right to me, but if that is how most Christians
believe, I'd appreciate you confirming it.

No, Dave, you are misunderstanding me.  I believe he was God during his
brief time on earth, but he had set aside some of the glory he had as God in
order to become flesh and blood like you and me.  I do not believe that the
miracles he performed were done as God per se, but as the Scriptures say, as
a man anointed by the Holy Ghost.  We read of no miracles being done by him
prior to his being baptized and the Holy Ghost descending upon him.

Dave Hansen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.langlitz.com
If you wish to receive