I am looking for the same.
i guess there is some caching problem
After favoriting a retweet it is getting added to my fav list.
But the retweeted_status.favorited flag is not updated (even for
statuses/retweeted_to_me)
They are updated after some time. If i unfavorite again then it is updated
in my favorites list but not in statuses/retweeted_to_me.

For your second point
I am not seeing the retweeted status in my home_timeline for some reason.
Even If they appear i would just check for status[i].retweeted_status !=
null or if the current user matches status[i].user.screen_name

Also Isn't  Undo retweet equivalent to statuses/destroy where the id is your
status id i.e status[i].id?