I am not sure i expressed it clearly. Pardon my lang

<<"They will only disappear if your friends undo.">>

 It is true that they will disappear if your friends undo. But my point is
that they should also disappear(not instantly) from 'Retweets by Others'
when you retweet them from 'Retweets by Others'  tab( coz it will be added
to 'retweets by me' ) and keeping them in 'Retweets by Others' is just
redundant. If you refresh your 'Retweets by Others' tab you will see the
tweet as retweeted by you and your friend and you have the option of undoing
it. But this undoing is possible only in web. From API point of view, if
these statuses are removed from 'retweets by others'  the moment the user
retweets them then undo is simple (just delete the status id obtained from
the statuses/retweet response ). This type of undoing is done only
instantly i.e u cannot undo if you refresh the tab.( retweeted_to_me' now
does not include that status)

 This is true for other timeline methods as well. But if keeping this
redundant data is intended then twitter has to make changes to the payload
(i.e add the retweeted_by_me flag)  and provide destroy/retweet methods as
suggested by you). Hope i am clear now.