home_timeline also includes both.
For user retweeted status i would just check if(status[i].retweeted_status
!= null and status[i].user.screen_name == currentuser)
But the problem comes when you have friends redundant status i.e
status[i].retweeted_status != null and status[i].user.screen_name !=
currentuser. This friend's status appears in your home time line even after
you retweet. If you try to retweet this it will throw an error as this has
already been retweeted by you.
To prevent this you have to manually disable friends 'retweets' appearing in
your home_timeline (this option is available in web only and this has to be
done for each and every user.Currently this is also not working)

Anyhow these issues are already reported here

http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=1214

http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/detail?id=1274