I've noticed that this is not always the case.

If I retweet an older tweet it shows up as a new tweet in
home_timeline. But if I retweet a tweet on the first page, call
home_timeline, it doesn't contain the retweet (only visible under
retweeted_by_me). Same occurrance happens on twitter.com but
twitter.com knows that i've retweeted (the difference between the API
and twitter).

I guess if it did show up that could also be a solution instead of
needing to add new flags as I suggested above.

Basically what you were saying in your first post:

Quote:
For your second point
I am not seeing the retweeted status in my home_timeline for some
reason...