Mo,

I think the word "injected" is causing the confusion. As I understand
it it means:

- I pull a list of tweets from the API into an array.
- Before displaying the list to the user, I "inject" entries that look
like tweets (but are actually entries I get paid to display) into that
array.
- Then I display the list to the user making it look as if everything
in the list came from Twitter.

As I said, that's how I understand it. But with that understanding, it
does not make sense why Dick was going on about the infrastructure
cost of Twitter, because this injection does not impact Twitter's
infrastructure at all. It all happens exclusively on the application's
server or the desktop or mobile device.

Anyway, hopefully at some point in time there will be an authoritative
and unambiguous explanation from Twitter.