To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 3:24 PM
Subject: RE: [U2] Comparison Unidata and Universe

As a system administrator, my choice is to use vi for my UNIX/AIX duties,
but I find it's quite a useful tool for program editing too. In fact, I'm
the only one in our shop that uses vi on a regular basis. I still can't
figure out why the remainder of our programming staff use AE. I agree it
has it's place for some tasks, but for day to day editing, I find vi easy to
use, and it didn't take too long to get used to, when I learned it years
ago. The best part is that you'll find it on most flavors of UNIX boxes,
and the basic commands stay the same. -Phil-