To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 5:47 PM
Subject: RE: [U2] Editors (was: Comparison Unidata and Universe)

winvi32 brings the power of the "vi" editor to Windows.
It's a wonderful thing.
For more information, Google for "winvi32".

Scott, can you briefly outline the advantages WinVi32 offers over gvim (www.vim.org)? I did a quick google, but what I saw didn't seem to be in the same league as vim.

The really great things about vim which are better than straight vi are the
multiple undo buffers and the command/search history facilities. I also
quite like the syntax highlighting, but could live without it.

I use the gui version of vim (gvim) as my main editor on Windows, Linux
ships with vim instead of vi, and one of my clients is just looking at
installing vim on Solaris in preference to vi.

Cheers,

Ken