Hi Folks,

After becoming a little frustrated of seeing and reading the same old
stuff, day in and day out, and IMHO the list not having the same useful
content as previously, I have number of suggestions.

With a number of other groups, a different format is used, a question is
asked, replies are sent directly to the person asking the question and
this person then summarises for the groups benefit.

This has couple of immediate advantages :

1) stops arguments on the relative benefits of a GOTO over a LOOP for
the 53rd time. (30 replies on the last one).
2) stops multiple answers clogging bandwidth of everybody on the list.
eg. being told how to MAT var = '' 9 times.

People need to also have a little more discipline and perhaps utilise
the community list when appropriate. I choose not to subscribe so am not
aware if it gets much of a hammering but perhaps it could do with a
little more. This format provides that discipline.

I am aware there useful posts and the responses can be very helpful but
we could also promote the use and searching of the archives prior to
posting. This would trim down a number of the duplicate posts.

I feel these simple measures would cut down considerably on duplicate
and unnecessary traffic.

Donning asbestos underpants now.

Regards

David Logan