From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:07 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] RE: mv.NET and UO

LeRoy Dreyfuss wrote:
> Tony,
> How long is "a long time now"? I have quite a bit of history with the
> product and if BF enabled it for UO.NET, it would only be from v3
> (and I haven't time to confirm if it is v3), which is a fairly new
> version.

Long time = over a year now.  Current release is v3.5.0.5.  I keep my
clients informed about the latest releases - your vendor should do you the
same favor.  ;)

> Having said that, mv.NET doesn't dictate whether connection
> pooling has been properly licensed (which in enables it as well) on
> the U2 server.

Correct, never said anything different.  Since mv.NET uses its own pooling,
the presence or absence of CP is irrelevant.

> Also, I provided a link in my previous post to an IBM
> white paper that should demonstrate coding with CP in mind.

After I hit the send button on my last note I kicked myself for not
expressing gratitude for that link to ibmu2.microsoftnet.pdf.  I have an
old v1 copy of that and I want to thank you very much for the v2 link.

Yes, I see the code in there:
  UniObjects.UOPooling = true;
  UniObjects.MinPoolSize = 1;
  UniObjects.MaxPoolSize = 10;
It looks very easy and one of these days I'm sure I'll make use of it.

Regards,