Hey group:

I have mixed thoughts on this whole thread. Personally, and as the new U2UG
president, I am so excited about helping move U2UG forward, but at the same
time, am challenged by some of the thoughts expressed herein.

I've served on the U2UG board since it's inception, and since the beginning
have had the privilege of working with many U2UG members who chose to serve as
board members  including Dawn Wolthuis, Brian Leach, Clif Oliver, Results
(Charles Barouch), Wol (Anthony Youngman), FFTnnnn (Will Johnson - Fast Forward
Technologies), Dana Baron, Kevin King, Susan Joslyn, Ross Morrissy,  Baker
Hughes, Glen Sallis, Kevin Zollinger... to name just a few!  A remarkable group
of folks from all over the world - volunteers - to help form and solidify our
community.

Moving forward, I congratulate David Jordan (Australia), and Jay LaBonte (US
East coast), on their new positions with the 2011 board, and thank *everyone*
who has served as a board member in the past.

In addition, there are so many others helping our group regularly who *aren't*
board members - hosting the web site, managing the mailing lists, paying for
registration of our web sites, etc... I *know* we *all* share one thing -
passion of all things U2 (or whatever flavor).

* Do we need help? YES!

* Do we have challenges? YES!

* Can we move projects forward? YES!

* If we had money, could we spend it to help the group? YES!

* Do we need you to help? YES!

After all, this is *your* user group.

A closing message for members of the group to ponder... "Success can not be
achieved by looking inward at each other, but instead, by looking outward
together in the same direction".

Please feel free to email me directly (laura at lhirsh dot org) with any ideas,
thoughts, suggestions. I thank each of you in for the part you play in the
U2/MV community.

As Dawn W. often said, "Onward and upwards". Let's keep it going!

Laura Hirsh