Thanks Doug for making this point... I was about to, but it opens a whole other
can of worms.
People don't get the difference.

"Free" doesn't mean what people seem to think. The short answer is most of the
licenses usually mean
"free as in speech, not as in beer". And with so many licenses out there, it
gets very confusing. People
are making assumptions about free and open source software without looking at
the terms they are accepting.

Robert

Robert F. Porter, MCSE, CCNA, ZCE, OCP-Java
Lead Sr. Programmer / Analyst
Laboratory Information Services
Ochsner Health System

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

>>> Doug Averch dave...@gmail.com> 4/29/2011 9:31 AM >> (
>>> mailto:dave...@gmail.com> )

There is a big difference between free and open source.  XLr8Editor was at
one time free and over 700 copies were downloaded. We really do know the
difference between free and open source.