From: Symeon Breen <syme...@gmail.com>
To: 'U2 Users List' <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Fri, Dec 2, 2011 11:52 am
Subject: Re: [U2] Unidata 7.1 Unresponsive UO Connection

The benefit of using any http server , iis, cassini, apache etc, is its
hole multiplexing functionality, which to do well is not trivial. Iis is
lso very integrated into the OS, the whole http layer is in fact inside the
s, as opposed to being an application on top of the os. So it makes sense
n many ways.
And if you want to use .net (of which I am a big fan) and you don't have to
se linux then why use mono ? Contrary to what many people believe Visual
tudio, .net, MS Sql are all free (as in beer) for development/small and
edium scale  deployment.