> > Hey all,
> >
> > No idea who's behind this marketing decision, but...
> >
> > http://perkypants.org/blog/2007/08/20/linux-for-ladies/
> >
> > As discussed in #debian-women earlier...does that mean that ladies are
> > no longer human beings now?
> >
> > [19:15] <seanius> i'll defer to the "ladies" on whether it is or not,
> > but i would read that line as "because normal linux is too hard for ladies"
> > [19:18] <liw> hmm... that'd imply that ubuntu's "linux for human beings"
> > implies normal linux is too hard for humans?
> > [19:19] <Sharrow> That and the men's shirt says "linux for human beings"
> > implying that ladies are some weird subset with these odd sticky out bits.
> > [19:24] <Baby> yup, saw it, it really sucks
> > <snip>
> > [19:26] <Baby> well, we're not human beings anymore. I guess :)
> > [19:26] <Baby> according to Ubuntu at least :P
> >

> > This is important, as it seems to be (unintentionally, i'm sure)
> > offending half of the world's population, and so therefore half of the
> > possible candidates who may end up using Ubuntu.
> >
> > It's food for thought, at least - please CC the relevant people beyond
> > this mailing list.
> >
> > Hobbsee

 Stuff like this drives me round the twist to be honest....

 Why on Earth is there this subset of people who choose to see
 disrespect, problems and offense where there is obviouslly non meant!
 It's almost like people are looking for something to gripe about!

 'Linux for Ladies'

 Take that term. How is it offensive?

 Do a google search for the phrase "for the ladies" - Observe 1,950,000
 results. Are all of these offensive?

 Come on now....

 Chris