Chris' argument implies that the term "for the ladies" is a fairly
popular term because it shows up on Google.  Not whether or not it's "ok".

Whether or not the term is morally acceptable is the argument at hand.
Pornography is extremely popular, yet most would argue that it is not
morally acceptable.  Art is also very popular, yet it is morally accepted.

Whether or not Google shows x-number of hits regarding the topic only
shows it's popularity, not it's moral face-value.  Thus, the reason for
my confusion in her logic.  By her suggesting in a thread where the
argument is the moral question of the term "Linux for ladies" that
pornography is not morally acceptable, tells me that she is putting that
term in the same arena as pornography.

After showing the shirt to my wife, she suggests the exact opposite of
what is being described here.  Her first thought was that Ubuntu is
marketing Linux exclusively for women, thus alienating men.  It is if
Ubuntu is a feminine distro, and not good enough for men.  So, if anyone
should be offended, it should be the men who don't have a masculine
Ubuntu version for them.  Again, these were her first thoughts.

Thanks,
|Aaron Toponce               _  Join the ASCII Ribbon Campaign |
|OALUG President            ( ) http://www.asciiribbon.org     |
|http://www.aarontoponce.org X  Against HTML e-mail            |
|http://www.oalug.com       / \ Against proprietary attachments|
+--------------Best viewed with a monospace font---------------+