Chris Rowson wrote:
>> When I don't get harassed repeatedly due to Ubuntu, and can use my real
>> name on irc, and in launchpad, etc, and be known for who I am, and not
>> for being female, then i'll agree with you.  As it is, I tend to only
>> raise the stuff that I think is worth raising, precisely because of
>> reactions like yours.
>>

> So you think, that a slogan reading 'Linux for Ladies' on the back of
> a T-Shirt is offensive.
>
> I'm sorry for you, but I'm not sure that your particular view reflects
> that of everyone. You, have the choice not to buy or wear that T-Shirt
> as you see fit.
>
> I however, am an advocate of the right of a person to express his/her
> opinion. Any women who wish to purchase that T-Shirt should be allowed
> to (after all, these T-Shirts are for women aren't' they). Why I ask,
> should your opinion on the matter prevent those women from doing so?

There is no problem whatsoever with letting people who want to buy that
shirt from doing so.

However the inability to buy one that doesn't broadcast one's femininity
in that manner is the main factor of the dissatisfaction apparent with
most people I spoke to on the issue. Why shouldn't *they* be able to buy
a shirt that fits them and says the same thing as all the others do?

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper

http://www.meldraweb.com