Hi Aaron,

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 07:56:58AM -0600, Aaron Toponce wrote:
> Chris' argument implies that the term "for the ladies" is a fairly
> popular term because it shows up on Google.  Not whether or not it's "ok".

Pretty sure that was my point :)

> Whether or not the term is morally acceptable is the argument at hand.
> Pornography is extremely popular, yet most would argue that it is not
> morally acceptable.  Art is also very popular, yet it is morally accepted.

Ok, lets leave the side topic of pr0n aside for now, as it really has no
bearing on the subject of sexism in Ubuntu T-shirts right now. (aside from
_that_ T-shirt that appeared on planet ubuntu)

> After showing the shirt to my wife, she suggests the exact opposite of
> what is being described here.

Tricky thing here. If I showed my wide that T-shirt "blind" then I have no
idea what she would say or how she would react, I'll test that tonight.

Then I'll see what she says when I show her the marketing speil about how
Ubuntu is for "human beings" or "everyone" then get her to re-visit the
"linux for ladies" T-shirt and see what she says.

But all this is complete nonsense. To try and conduct a survey of one wife
under variable conditions produces utterly spurious results. Fact is that
some poeple are annoyed at the fact that it _appears_ from the
canonical shop that "Ladies != Humans" or "Ladies != Everyone". Whatever
your stance, whatever your belief, surely you believe that it's someones
right to express that they _disagree_ with that premice?

Cheers,
Al.