Le 13/12/13 03:24, Michael Everson a écrit :
On 12 Dec 2013, at 22:25, Leo Broukhis <l...@mailcom.com> wrote:

Hmmm... As a person with Russian as the first language I can assure you that from any literate Russian-speaking person's perspective italic ū is an unacceptable and *WRONG* representation of п (because in Russian, unlike Serbian, there is й). Should we bother disunifying?
Italic is not plain text.

Really???
Why?

If in Gedit I choose the font “Liberation Sans Italic” ( http://colson.eu/ItalicPlainText.png ) to display a plain text, isn’t that a plain text displayed with an italic font? Gedit is a text editor (not a word processor) where you can choose a font for the whole document but not for a small part of the text.

I suppose nothing will happen until the governments of eng-using countries come together with a proposal.
Let's hope so. I wish they never do.
<irony>Yeah. To heck with the end user and their pathetic preferences.</irony>