Richard,

I would have to say Darco's reading is quite skilled. Glenn's "overwhelming evidence" is either imaginary, or self-fabricated. The 10-year-old article he is fond of citing offers one (1) piece of hard evidence that people were being "excluded" from Clark Park planning: an unsupported, quoted assertion by -- none other than himself! That's all there's ever been; he has no other evidence to offer.

I note that, since you too know of no instances where anyone has actually been excluded from Clark Park or its planning, you have just shifted the discussion to Fairmount Park. Here, I have to question your statement that "control by private parties" is increasing in Fairmount Park. All of the private facilities there I can think of -- Boathouse Row, etc. -- have been in place for a long time. So in fact I might point out that what you are worried might happen here, hasn't even been happening there.

So this thread is debating an alleged problem which hasn't happened here; which hasn't happened there; and which hasn't happened anywhere. It is on a level with the problem with Barack Obama's birth certificate.

---Tony West

Darco,

I must agree with Glenn that you have most clearly misinterpreted what Glenn wrote and you should read it again more closely.

Although, in fact I might point out, as control by private parties increases, particularly when park spaces are leased or sold to private parties, it can become a matter of others being excluded.

There are many places in Fairmount Park right now which are private property, and where you are quite forbidden to trespass.

Rick Conrad