chill wrote:
> I think I'm about there now, with a unified script that handles all the
> tasks necessary for implementing the udev rules, without any need for
> user editing.

Now I found the time to test your script and replace all the old
things.

It is working out of the box! Great work!

When the speakers are off when starting the Pi, all is off. Good!
When the speakers are on when starting the Pi, Squeezelite is running.
Good!
When I switch the speakers off when Squeezelite is running, Squeezelite
will be stopped. Good!
When I switch the speakers on when Squeezelite is off (even when it
never runs before), Squeezelite will be started. Good!
And ALSA settings are always restored! Great!

Thank you!
I love this automation!

pi4 4gb picoreplayer with lms and squeezelite for usb inside an argon
one case
pi3b+ (7\" display, hifiberry dac+ pro) picoreplayer with
squeezlite/jivelite for hifiberry and bluetooth headphone inside a
smartipi touch case
two airport express
ikea symfonisk