paul- wrote:
> By no-network, do you mean that LMS installed on the same device that is
> getting the bluetooth connection.   But the device itself is not
> connected to the network.
> Yes you can do it that way......There is still networking processes
> running on the local device.
> Create a simple script that waits for the specific player name to be
> recognized by LMS, then issue the play command.
> That script would be ran at startup in the user commands portion of pCP.

Thanks once more.
The aim is to have a Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer + Bluetooth + LMS
with a small library picked for the occasion, everything on the SD card.
And there is no network at all in the venues where the end-users will be
meeting so the setup will be completely stand-alone, no screen or
keyboard within typing distance!

Over the last day or two I've done a whole heap more googling and think
I'm almost certainly trying to use the wrong tool for my job. pCP and
LMS have a network at their heart - a plug-and-play with no user
controls does not. I've been using LMS in various ways for about 15
years, so it was my natural first choice.

I have just tried my working setup in a place with no network. Plugging
in the speaker produced no sound. Going back home, plugging in the
speaker produced music as expected - the only difference was wifi being
available vs not being available. And I think that confirms that I
should be trying something different altogether.

So I'm not going to try and take this any further and instead use a
better tool for the job.

And again, I really am grateful to you for having taken the time to help
me this far. Time for another donation into the tips jar :-)

Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 8 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP >
Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
Library: External USB drive
Android: Squeezer app