btw..
I have always wonder if one vsl material could be set up to give completly
new variations of it, to each object in a level.
I mean if you have a level with a lot of objects and apply one material to
that level, then something in the material do so it applies differently for
each object, making them uniquely rendered.
Instead of having to apply a material to each and every on of the objects.
(If you know what I mean)

This is possible! I did it a few years ago by setting identifiers of individual objects to different values and interpret these values in the VSL. I think I used it to scale patterns, and one of Zaug's scripts was involved to set the identifiers of a large number of objects at random.

I'll try if I can find the project and posts in the archive (I must have posted it here!), some deep digging to do ;)

-Mark H