For obvious security reasons browsers do  not allow to open/access files
without user selecting the files. So this will not allow to request the
server files (via Browser side scripting). There are some newish HTML5 file
APIs, but I think they have the same restriction. You will need to have
some other client technologies if you want to pick files.

Gruss
Bernd