I don't know what you mean by a browser as the client, isn't that normally the
issue, which is why I'm we are discussing ways to go around this?

I don't know what i'm doing at this point, just trying to find out ways to make
this work, but a little confused.

I can't use File Upload with a client-side application ont he desktop though
right?

If you are saying I can use my browser as the client and still do what I need
to do without creating another app then that would be best, but yeah still
confused on where to go next.