Alrighty, thanks, so do you have any recommendations for what I should be
looking for to send these requests?  I'm assuming something I do will send the
data as a multi part form, which my servlet up on the server will connect up
with?  I believe a buddy of mine mentioned "Restful Web Services?" for certain
things that might be for this?

I understand the client-server relationship, but you seemed to say I could do
what I need to do from my browser, which again is what we were talking about
isn't this the whole problem with security issues, or what exactly are you
suggesting?  When you said "browser client" I thought you were referring to
something "special."

I guess I will go look for a client library to work with, do you have any
recommendations?  I bet there is so many :(.  So many new things I've been
learning, so many still to learn :).

I have probably not, do you have links by any chance?  I tried looking up the
former, but got a bunch of unsure pages.  I have been learning from various
sources.  Right now I'm working with JSP and Servlets/Pojos as well as JS and
some JS libraries.  It's fun so far.

Also I just thought of this, but are we saying that I can basically have an
application that is installed on their system that when I try to upload the
main file, it will communicate with my application client to upload the rest of
the files, or do I have to do it all from the application client itself?  If so
then does the application have to be running when they do this, or can it be
activated on the web?  Either automatically (seems like a security issues, but
it's only turning on my application) or with a manual button from the web?

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.