djencks wrote:

> So I found the schema and I think you need
>
>      <pluginRepositories>
>
>          <pluginRepository>
>              <id>apache-snapshots</id>
>              <name>Apache Snapshots Repository</name>
>              <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
> repository</url>
>              <layout>default</layout>
>              <snapshots>
>                  <enabled>true</enabled>
>                  <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
>                  <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
>              </snapshots>
>              <releases>
>                  <enabled>false</enabled>
>              </releases>
>          </pluginRepository>
>
>      </pluginRepositories >
>

> thanks
>
> david jencks

Hi David,

The following reports my test results so far.

In a word, we seem to be good until actually running the project. Output to
console for this step with -e switch is included, below.

For the benefit of other readers of this discussion, the primary reference
doc is:

  Constructing a special-purpose server using maven

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Constructing+a+special-purpose+server+using+maven

What I outline below follows the steps of the primary doc, step-for-step.

  Steps:
  ------
  [1] Preparation – find the artifacts
  [2] Set up a parent maven project
  [3] Repackage the liferay war
  [4] Build a database plugin
  [5] Build the liferay war plugin
  [6] Build an assembly
  [7] Run the project

  Details:
  --------
  [1] Preparation – find the artifacts
  [2] Set up a parent maven project
  [3] Repackage the liferay war

    Following your instructions in the primary doc were successful, no
problems or modifications needed for the steps above.

  [4] Build a database plugin

    As you suggested in your post yesterday, I modified my settings.xml to
the following so as to access the archetype:

      <activeProfiles>
        <activeProfile>profile-1</activeProfile>
      </activeProfiles>
      <profiles>
        <profile>
          <id>profile-1</id>
          <pluginRepositories>
            <pluginRepository>
              <id>apache-snapshots</id>
              <name>Apache Snapshots Repository</name>

<url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
              <layout>default</layout>
              <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
                <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
              </snapshots>
              <releases>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
              </releases>
            </pluginRepository>
          </pluginRepositories>
        </profile>
      </profiles>

    This proved to be successful.

    Once past the schema issue (as you suspected) the rest of your
instructions in the primary doc were also successful, meaning

      liferay-derby/pom.xml

        and

      liferay-derby/src/main/plan/plan.xml

    were modified just as you have outlined in the primary doc.

  [5] Build the liferay war plugin

    These:

      liferay-jetty/pom.xml

        and

      liferay-jetty/src/main/plan/plan.xml

    were modified just as you have outlined in the primary doc.

  [6] Build an assembly

    Following your instructions in the primary doc were successful.

  [7] Run the project

Full output to the console:
D:\Geronimo\plugins\liferay\liferay-parent>mvn -e clean install
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   liferay-parent
[INFO]   Unnamed -
org.apache.geronimo.plugins:liferay-derby:car:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]   Unnamed -
org.apache.geronimo.plugins:liferay-jetty:car:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]   Unnamed -
org.apache.geronimo.plugins:geronimo-jetty-liferay:application-assembly:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] Building liferay-parent
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] [site:attach-descriptor]
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing D:\Geronimo\plugins\liferay\liferay-parent\pom.xml to
R:\.m2\org\apache\geronimo\plugins\liferay-parent\1.0-SNAPSHOT\liferay-parent-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Unnamed -
org.apache.geronimo.plugins:liferay-derby:car:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory
D:\Geronimo\plugins\liferay\liferay-parent\liferay-derby\target
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://download.java.net/maven/1//woodstox/poms/wstx-asl-3.2.1.pom
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository//woodstox/wstx-asl/3.2.1/wstx-asl-3.2.1.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/woodstox/wstx-asl/3.2.1/wstx-asl-3.2.1.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/woodstox/wstx-asl/3.2.1/wstx-asl-3.2.1.pom
[INFO] [car:validate-configuration]
(org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsupport.logging.Logging).
[INFO] [car:prepare-plan]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] error: Unexpected element: CDATA

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: error: Unexpected
element: CDATA
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:564)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
        at
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: error: Unexpected
element: CDATA
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsupport.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:137)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected element:
CDATA
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3471)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parse(Locale.java:706)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:690)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:677)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:208)
        at org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlObject$Factory.parse(XmlObject.java:580)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PlanProcessorMojo.doExecute(PlanProcessorMojo.java:154)
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsupport.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:122)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Unexpected element: CDATA
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.reportFatalError(Piccolo.java:1038)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.parse(Piccolo.java:723)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3439)
        ... 25 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 10 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Feb 29 13:55:14 MST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 16M/30M
[INFO]