Hi David,

djencks wrote:

> Well.... I wrote it monday and wednesday so you would have needed a  time
> machine :-)

Oh...

...my time machine is still in the shop...

djencks wrote:

> I forgot to deploy the snapshots.
>
> I've changed the archetype name from geronimo-module-archetype to
> geronimo-plugin-archetype and deployed a snapshot.  I also updated
> the wiki page to the new archetype name.  I think the (modified)
> instructions should now work, but you are definitely the guinea
> pig :-).  The archetypes should download automatically but I haven't
> tested this.

I don't mind playing the role of guinea pig at all if it helps in
establishing a solid procedure for building plugin support of third-party
apps...this sort of flexibility on top of Java EE 5 certification is
precisely why I chose Geronimo.

Looks like we need to do another availability check.

Full output to the console:
D:\Geronimo\plugins\liferay-parent>mvn archetype:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport

-DarchetypeArtifactId=geronimo-plugin-archetype

-DarchetypeVersion=2.2-SNAPSHOT

-DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.plugins

-DartifactId=liferay-derby -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building liferay-parent
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.properties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in
any resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm :
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may
NOT replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be
global in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: org.apache.geronimo.plugins
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
ArtifactId: geronimo-plugin-archetype
Version: 2.2-SNAPSHOT

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
-DartifactId=geronimo-plugin-archetype \
        -Dversion=2.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
there:     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
-DartifactId=geronimo-plugin-archetype \
        -Dversion=2.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
         -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport:geronimo-plugin-archetype:jar:2.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 28 14:58:40 MST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]

END

Thanks!