Hi Jacques:
I don't think I'm in any position to tell this group anything about how to get more sponsorship. That needs to come from the committers.
Ruth

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rhoff...@aesolves.com>
Hi Jacques:
Just to make my position clear: I am not advocating a "commercial project". I think it is possible to get commercial sponsorship and still stay community-driven.

Great Ruth,

have you an idea on how to begin on this? Looks like we have already some sponsors but of course not the size of some other TLP projects. I guess it's due to the nature of the software and not its quality or anything else. Here in France I know some French Companies who are using OFBiz, but none want to speak about that. Some even sell (sold?) it as their projects, with some marketing and an IT team around, of course... You know what? Look at the French translation, you will better understand my dissapointement some days... And I'm not speaking about the Neogia team, which hopefully will help us much more some day.

Jacques

Ruth

From: "David E Jones" <d...@me.com>
So here we go... we've got a community-driven project and people want it to be a commercial project. I've been pushing for years for community-driven software and trying to attract developers to help build this thing, and for some history about that and
concepts related to it please see my blog:

Who really want OFBiz  to be a commercial project? Not me for sure!
This is a visionnary project, not only at the technical level. It will take time to prove without the same means than commercial projects. Of course this does not mean that nothing should change, but carefully.