While I appreciate the spirited debate, where were these voices over two weeks
ago when Adrian and I can began working on refreshing the theme (and that is
what it was, not a redesign, not a new theme, not a complete overhaul.  We
changed the header and footer, and made a few CSS changes - that's it).  This
wasn't done in a vacuum and it wasn't done without discussion and debate.  We
didn't get together in some secret back-room deal and decide "Hey let's get rid
of Flat Grey and piss everyone off".

Adrian proposed updating the theme to the mailing list back on the 29th of
December, asked for feedback, suggestions and participation, and we went to
work.  if you ask me, 24 days is a really big "vacuum" for a couple of CSS
changes.  Also, if you look at the JIRA issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4092, there were 9 screenshots and
8 separate patches posted between the 4th and the 14th of January.  Anyone
could have grabbed those and monitored the progress.

I agree that there should be backwards compatibility, I agree that there should
stability, but for heaven's sake, it's just a theme.  Simply blindly following
a backwards compatibility mantra gives you outdated, useless software that was
cutting edge 10 years ago, but is now the butt of developer jokes... I'm
looking at you IE6.

Ryan L. Foster
801.671.0769
cont...@ryanlfoster.com