From: Ron Chen <ron_chen_...@yahoo.com>
To: Mark Magento <markmaje...@gmail.com>
Cc: users <users@gridengine.org>
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 12:46 AM
Subject: Re: [gridengine users] More Univa FUD???

Hi Mark,

(Just back from my vacation and I am really late in this discussion.)

Did you create this website?

http://unicloud.wordpress.com/

While I am not a fan of Univa (mainly have problem with its market practices),
I am also not a fan
of those who create a website using the name of other people's products  (i.e.
Univa's UniCloud),
with the content of the website all about bashing Univa's products.

If possible, please unregister that blog - it is not helping anyone in the HPC
or Cloud industry.

Also, the "Grid Engine Truth" website referenced in the article is dead:

http://www.gridenginetruth.com/

But from WHOIS, the registrant of the site is "Mike Majento", who also owns
Univa Sucks:

http://www.univasucks.com/

And who has also written articles like these:

http://www.submitarticles-free.com/computer-and-technology/software/univa/

http://goarticles.com/article/Univa/5656485/

And an article written by "Grayson Tyreman" telling people to use Scalable
Logic or Platform LSF!?

Both Rayson and I did not write this, and I am sure the BioTeam, Oracle (Andy),
and Reuti did not
write this - I know Rayson and Andy for a long time, and Reuti & the Bioteam
have been helping
this community for almost 9 years without asking for any return. (Platform
Computing has been
flighting SGE for a long time, but I don't know them well so I can't comment on
whether they are
behind this or not.)

However, I think this is to create further fragmentation in Grid Engine, and
this madness has to stop!

(I am speaking for myself, and I have not done any business with Univa or other
Grid Engine
players like Scalable Logic or Sun and/or Oracle. But as a contributor &
someone who has stayed
with the SGE community for 10+ years I think I need to say something about
this!)

 -Ron