I'm finally back from my 1-month Chinese New Year vacation (actually back since
Wednesday). A few things I wanted to add:

1) No matter what, Univa is not supposed to damage the reputation of Dave Love.
As much
as I disagree with Dave Love, I've never said bad things cowardly behind
someone.

Univa is also totally wrong to say that Oracle will get to Dave (from Dave's
email -
"lucky Oracle lawyers haven't descended yet"). I don't know why Univa can speak
for
Oracle. Add to the fact that Univa started the FUD against open source Grid
Engine first,
and as mentioned by Chris & Rayson, running Ads on Google saying that Open Grid
Scheduler
is built by Univa ("Open Grid Scheduler - Download and Try - Built by
Experts"). And at
the beginning, asking Dave and I to merge with Univa to eliminate competion. I
would say
that Univa is just not helping the Grid Engine ecosystem at all.

It is my understanding that Oracle has not sold the Grid Engine copyright or
intellectual
property to Univa. I think it is misleading that Univa tries to make everyone
believe
that they are the official owner of Grid Engine. Further, Oracle has no plans
to attach
open source Grid Engine implementations - according to a few Oracle employees
we have
access to, so please Univa, stop using Oracle lawyers as part of your FUD!

2) On the other hand, this Mark Magento is also not doing the right thing. As
much as I
disagree with the tactics used by Univa, I have only asked Univa to stop all
the evil
tactics they are using, and confess by contributing something useful - like
opensourcing
the UniSight product. I am not asking Univa to close business.

However, Mark on the one hand complained about Univa registering
gridengine.com, and on
the other hand registering univagridengine.com and also the unicloud wordpress
websites.
This will just further confuse anyone who wants to use Grid Engine.

3) I have been monitoring any FUD activities since the birth of the Grid Engine
open
source project. At the beginning it was Platform Computing who used stupid FUDs
against
Grid Engine (especially from 2001 to 2004, when Platform was greatly affected
by the open
source of Grid Engine), and I did the same thing on the Beowulf mailing list. I
am not
just picking on Univa.

4) I don't know how many times I needed to repeat myself. We don't merge
because user
Joe (i.e. William Deegan) asked us to. (Many helpful people on this list have
similar
requests and we listen to them.) However, we needed to plan carefully, and
imagine what
would happen if Dave and Rayson were to merge with Univa? I am not naive and I
knew at the
beginning why Univa wanted to eliminate all other forks.

Many people contribute on this list, but I am not sure why you William needed
to repeat
your request so many times. You wanted Dave & I to ignore the wrong beings of
Univa and
work on improving Grid Engine? Let me tell you this - if I develop code and a
company is
taking advantage of my changes and use FUDs to tell people not to use my
software, or
even damage my reputation, then I would rather not develop the code at all. If
Dave is
not contributing because of this, then we should all know why.

Further, I don't own you anything, and I also did not tell you to use Grid
Engine,
William. Why don't you buy support from Univa so that when you clients ask you
questions,
you don't need to relay questions on this list and end up relying on others to
support
your clients?

 -Ron