Hello,

Thanks for the tips, I implemented them but unfortunately it did not help.

In our stress test the cluster was brought to its knees but we still cannot
figure out where the bottleneck is.
Things we check using perfmon:
CPU% - average never above 70 on any of the servers
CPU Queue length - average never above 14
Pages Input / second - nominal
Avg. Disk Read / Write Queue - average never above 0.5
Network usage - never spikes above 25%

I beleive we may be maxing at badwidth at 10mb.  We are upping to 30mb shortly.

The server recovers fine afterwords now though which is good news.

This is one worker and the lb:

worker.tomcat6.port=16009
worker.tomcat6.host=192.168.150.12
worker.tomcat6.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat6.reply_timeout=30000
worker.tomcat6.lbfactor=100

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=tomcat2, tomcat1,tomcat4,tomcat5,tomcat6

This is the status page under a fresh restart and 4 minutes of heavy load.

Worker Status for loadbalancer
Type Sticky Sessions Force Sticky Sessions Retries LB Method Locking Recover
Wait Time Max Reply Timeouts
lb True False 2 Request Optimistic 60 0

Good Degraded Bad/Stopped Busy Max Busy Next Maintenance
5 0 0 224 248 55/117

Balancer Members [Hide]
  Name Type Host Addr Act State D F M V Acc Err CE RE Wr Rd Busy Max Route RR
Cd Rs
[E|R]  tomcat2 ajp13 localhost:12009 127.0.0.1:12009 ACT OK 0 50 2 602 3665 0 4
0 1.1M 52M 30 37 tomcat2     0/0
[E|R]  tomcat1 ajp13 localhost:11009 127.0.0.1:11009 ACT OK 0 50 2 600 3594 0 8
0 1.1M 52M 30 42 tomcat1     0/0
[E|R]  tomcat4 ajp13 192.168.150.12:14009 192.168.150.12:14009 ACT OK 0 100 1
602 7303 0 15 0 2.3M 103M 58 73 tomcat4     0/0
[E|R]  tomcat5 ajp13 192.168.150.13:15009 192.168.150.13:15009 ACT OK 0 100 1
601 7173 0 18 0 2.2M 103M 54 73 tomcat5     0/0
[E|R]  tomcat6 ajp13 192.168.150.12:16009 192.168.150.12:16009 ACT OK 0 100 1
601 7261 0 18 0 2.3M 101M 51 71 tomcat6     0/0

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
--James