That worked.  Thank-you Samuel.  The log is here:
"https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/07xQurGCBVjXYes1PUleiw";
I'll add that this bug is partially random.  I only see the problem (and other
problems) on messages with attachments.  But the problem does not always show
up on messages with attachments.  To me, it seems random in that respect.  All
digests from the Fedora users list have html attachments.  I've had the problem
most severely with messages that have attached pictures (such as JPEG
attachments).  In many such cases, I get numerous occurrences of the
"[NOTAVAILABLE]  UID FETCH Server error", and the attachments arrive corrupted.
 The problem also seems more likely to occur with older messages.

This problem started with Fedora users list messages on March 08.  But I've
been experiencing problems with messages having attached photos for many weeks.

I was also able to get a log for my other (March 06) thread "Thunderbird issue
(OT)."  It's here:
"https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/UmtcWch07hlEUUJ60vqIyA";
I'll reply in that thread to my original posting with a little more information.

To answer the question
> You're using IMAP, so why would you use this setting? Are you saying
> that you're using shared accounts and workstations?
No.  One home workstation, two operating systems, and 6 logins.  But they're
all mine.  I don't keep things on my workstation because there are thousands of
messages, and I estimate they would take gigabytes of storage.

thanks,
Bill.