Allegedly, on or about 19 March 2018, William sent:
> I've seen posts to closed and solved issues before, so if anyone has
> something helpful, go ahead and post it, or start a new thread

A thought just occurred to me:  In the past, often when someone had an
issue where data came through in dribs and drabs, and had transmission
failures, the MTU setting on the network (your PC, your router,
upstream), was often the culprit.

Perhaps start a thread asking about that, see if those more familiar
with it, might take a look at it from that angle.

$ ifconfig
enp0s31f6: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.1.12  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.1.255

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 4.15.7-200.fc26.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Feb 28 18:01:11 UTC 2018 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.
There is no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see

I'd just like to say that vinyl record crackles and pops are far
less annoying than digigigigital mu-u-u-u-usic hiccicicicups and