Before starting a new thread, one point and a couple of questions.

Point:  downloading in Thunderbird of folder structure, message headers, and
messages (especially with attachments) are the only cases in which I experience
slowness.  Youtubes, high-resolution weather satellite loops, and the download
phase of my weekly "dnf upgrade" all happen very quickly and without problems.
Based on this, is anything other than verizon/yahoo or Thunderbird suspect?

Question: Is a new thread needed for this?

Question:  "ifconfig" output appears to contain a few ip addresses.  I'm very
security and privacy conscious, and uneasy about posting ip addresses.  What
fields do I really need to post?

By the way, what is "MTU"?

thanks,
Bill.