I did the comcast speed test twice.  I got download speeds of 66-68 Mbps and
upload speeds of about 6.6 Mbps.

I tried Evolution several times over the last few days.  Fedora users lists
show up just fine.  Downloads seem almost instantaneous.

I used Thunderbird to send a 5+megabyte (not megapixel) picture as an
attachment to an e-mail to myself (but different e-mail account).  The upload
of the message and attached picture took well less than one minute.  I later
signed into that second e-mail account in Evolution, selected that message, and
displayed the picture.  Almost instantaneous.  (In Thunderbird, the download
would take almost an hour!)  All subsequent selections of that message and
displays of the picture were essentially instantaneous, even after logging out
of and back into the Fedora account, even after powering the workstation down
and back up.

I notice that in Evolution, when I do File->Quit, a "ps -ef" afterwards shows
Evolution is still running.  I also don't know if Evolution is storing messages
or attachments locally.  Was that 5+ megabyte picture downloaded and stored
while I was doing something else?  So I don't know if the above test has any
real validity.

By the way, I notice that after logging out of the Fedora account and logging
into another Fedora account, Evolution from the first account is still running.
 That's not what I want.  When I do File->Quit, I want Evolution and all its
child processes to "die".  Why doesn't that happen?

thanks,
Bill.