On 10 March 2010 21:48, Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com> wrote:

> Post things to JIRA (especially with patches) to get things changed. I
>
>> assure you, patches with good/useful changes in content will be
>> well-received and the site/documentation will be updated in due
>> course.
>>

> I am not going to get into "patching". I leave that to the author. I will
> suggest rewording or request that clarifying text be added but I will not
> create patches.

Then I think you are misunderstanding what we mean by "patches"...

If it is documentation,

* obviously a .patch file for the .apt file would be great (it'll get
reviewed and applied very fast)

* failing that something like:

--- On this page: http://maven.apache.org/....../blah.html current content
is ---

Blah blah blah blah

--- Suggested replacement content is ---

Waffle Waffle Blah Blah

--- On this paget: etc

  would be IMHO perfectly fine as a "patch" and it would be reviewed and
applied quite fast

-Stephen