If this is for a Sourceforge (I saw Webmacro in there)  project then the route
that many have gone is to drop SCP, and use Nexus OSS. There are 1300 projects
using Nexus OSS now, it's easier to get your project into Maven Central and you
don't have to worry about the Maven repository infrastructure. It would
honestly have taken you less time to setup something with:

https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide

Then trying to fiddle with the SCP stuff. You still get all your project
download statistics and like and far less hassle.

If you jump into #mavencentral on Codehaus IRC I imagine we can get you setup
from end to end in a couple hours.