Hi Jason, Marc,

Thankyou for your help.

I am now back to working for M2 and M3, but it looks like I need to
get with the plot and use Nexus.

I have never understood why the maven generated site does not link to
the default distribution repo.,
nor why the decision was taken not to persue per dependency repos.

The central repo strategy has failed a few times since maven1, and the
repo-as-proxy (Nexus)
would make even more sense if it were proxying a lot of other small repos.

I just do not see why, as a project owner, with control over my own
webspace I should have to involve a third party to distribute my
artifacts. Why not have a default repo generated as part of the site
plugin?

thanks for the great help
Tim