On what I hope is a lighter note...I recall being in a session at a JavaOne
years ago when a presenter asked if we knew the difference between Ant and
Maven.

The answer was "the guy who created Ant apologized".  (Recall that maven
was a bit slow in the early days when it was just getting popular.)

I thought it was as funny as it was intended at the time (and I still do).
It also reminds me of 1. it used to be called JavaOne and 2. I do miss
in-person conferences a bit.

FWIW, I don't hate Ant, Maven, or Gradle (but I have used Maven more than
the other two.)

Certainly, ant was very popular but moving to maven (or gradle) can
certainly be done.

Was hoping a bit of levity/good memories might be appreciated. :)

Happy coding.