Larry Gusaas wrote:
Rob Clement wrote:
Richard wrote:
<clip />
Its really hard to not swear when the above is extracted from WHAT? where do you get this????? I do not have a hardware fault, I am not "continually" crashing and that is not the problem, autosave is supposed to save the document, geee.... read the input on this subject (trying very hard not to swear) IT IS A BUG.... IT IS OOo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes There is a bug in OOo but we cannot see the effect that bug is haing until your power supply problems are ironed out.

Why do you keep harping about his power supply? It has nothing to do with the bug in OO.o 3.0. This bug has been confirmed. It should be fixed in OO.o 3.1.

Your obsession over his power supply is bloody obnoxious and totally irrelevant.

If you trace this thread back you will find that the original poster got so angry about OOo failing to recover his document WHEN and only WHEN his machine fell over due TOTALLY to a power supply problem. The inverter he had was working for most of the machines on the circuit and would keep them going BUT this particular pc he was working on kept failing. FIXING THE HARDWARE is quick. A new version of OOo will take a month otr two to test and put live.

Just to keep things in perspective the last few documents I created in OOo were 24Mb, 8Mb and 12Mb. All created with OOo 3.0 (beta and live) and I did not require any recovery as the portable I use would have kicked in its batery to stop the problem and any annoyance.

Rob