Rochelle Stein wrote:
> Wednesday, December 3, 2008
>

> I am coming to "Users Help" at the Open Office website because I need help
> getting started .  .  .
>

> I downloaded a free version of the Open Office suite from Java, but I cannot
> find how to access it on my computer.  "Help!"

I assume you're running Windows.
Go to wherever you saved the downloaded file and double click on it.
This will start the installation process.  When it's complete, there
should be an OpenOffice.org folder & icons in your Start menu.  There
may also be an icon on your desktop, if you selected that during
installation.