[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I've gone through your web site and I still do not understand  what Open
> Office does.  To what purpose do I use it, for what, what does it  do.  How
> would
> it help me?  I would appreciate an answer that I, a  layman can understand.

OpenOffice.org is an office suite, comparable to Microsoft Office.  It
contains applications, such as Writer, Calc, Draw and Base.  Writer is a
word processor, which you can use to create and edit text documents.
Calc is a spreadsheet application, which you can use for various
applications, including financial.  For example, I often use Calc for my
expense account.  Draw is used to create drawings and Base is used to
build and use a database of whatever data you choose.  I suggest you go
to the library computer section and find some books on office
applications.  While most of those books are about Microsoft Office, the
general principles apply to other office suites, including
OpenOffice.org.  There is also a lot of useful information here:
http://why.openoffice.org/why_great.html
and
http://support.openoffice.org/index.html