Mike Dawe wrote:

[...]
> I don't know if you're aware of the amount of uninformed people that
> have been posting to this list over the past few weeks and mentioning
> having to register OOo... I think this is typical of what is going on,
> and there are enough unaware folks who just have not got a clue, have
> heard about OOo, want to try it - but the 1st place they end up at
> (using a search engine) is at really dodgy links like the above. Because
> it looks legit, they follow through, pay some money and wonder why is
> doesn't work. This is such a bad thing.
>
> After posting this to the list, I will lodge a complaint with Version
> Tracker. I hope that, if you read this and feel as outraged, you will do
> the same.

I have since posted a complaint to Version Tracker. But, seeing as the
link was Google generated. I have also sent a complaint to Google.

The body of that post was:

"Registered with Google and available on all (Google affiliated) search
engines...
<http://openoffice-software.com/new/home/?affebnid=124&gid=&ovid=&yid=&msid=&hop=howgoodhttp://openoffice-software.com/new/home/?affebnid=124&gid=&ovid=&yid=&msid=&hop=howgood>
Offers to sign up for a fee, this well known Open source software.

Shame - Total and absolute *shame*. How on earth did this get past any
form of scrutiny?"

Hopefully it will help in the shut-down of that particular website.

Regards.

--
Mike Dawe
OOo 3.0.1rc2 MacOSX PPC US English