The problem is this: Suppose you have a thread whose heading is simply
[users][moderated] which is not that uncommon.

My understanding is that such posts are sent by people who are not subscribed. I would not waste too much ink about problems raised by such posts, since in a majority of cases they are generated by people who don't seem to either need or know how to subscribe. Besides, they are properly handled by the moderator in charge.

JC Helary