On Friday 30 December 2005 1:36 am, Keith Bates wrote:
> So, in a sense top posting becomes very counter-productive, especially
> on high volume lists such as this. On some less tolerant lists than
> this one, people who top post are given very terse reminders of what
> the rules are.

Quite right! I'm on one Linux list that is just that way. It's a very high
volume list and often with long threads.

> In my opinion, it's not about arbitrary rules but rather about making
> the list work more effectively in answering people's questions.

That is true, and as I said in another post, I'm sure I'm not the only one who
simply doesn't have the time to rumage through a post, put all the pieces
together in the proper order, and then respond with some assistance.

Fred

--
Paid purchaser of ALL SuSE Linux releases since 6.x