On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 06:37:18AM -0500, Andrew Fisk wrote:
> Not being a "net newbie" I still prefer that the reply to emails in a
> thread be at the top of the message so I don't have to scroll through
> a bunch o' junk to get to the reply.

That is because most people who reply to email are lazy cretins who include
all of the mail that they are replying to (usually including multiple
disclaimers, etc).

The proper way is to only include the part of the email that is relevant to the
point(s)
that you are replying to, and then interleave your replies on a point by point
basis.

I have taken this up with many people, the reply is usually ''I haven't got
time to
do that'' -- the result is that due to their laziness they condemn all their
readers
to waste time trying to work out what is relevant and what relates to what.
It is sheer arrogance to assume that your time is more valuable than that of
those
who read your email. In truth the usual result is that such replies are not
properly
read - if at all.

--
Alain Williams