On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:59:00 -0500
Marc Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have you tried this by using the PDF Converter "printer" to generate
> the PDF files instead of using the PDF Export function?
>
> The former can be set up by using the spadmin program, the location
> of which may vary by distro. On my FC5 system it is:
>
>    /usr/lib/openoffice.org2.0/program/spadmin

Yes I did it - tried distiller and SGENT42. It doesn't create neither
bookmarks nor cross-reference links. However the pages load well. If
there is some command line option to create them please tell me...
I suspect since a file is "printed" no bookmarks etc. are exported to
gs at all.

> Someone will correct me certainly, but I don't believe that the PDF
> Export function uses ghostscript, since it works whether GS is
> installed or not (ie. the default on most Windows systems). There are
> also different behaviors with the two PDF generating mechanisms,
> which have been covered here recently (specifically with respect to
> embedded EPS files).
>
> The PDF Converter printer essentially creates a Distiller like driver
> by using a GS command line containing "-sDEVICE=pdfwrite". This is
> essentially the same configuration as ps2pdf, which you could use if
> you generate a PS file from Writer using a PS printer driver and then
> use ps2pdf to convert to PDF. Using the PDF Converter does this in a
> single step within Writer.
>
> I would try that to see if you get any different behavior in your
> resultant PDF files. If so, it may indicate a problem with the
> default PDF Export function, which you might want to file a bug
> report against. If not, you might want to see if you can provide a
> sample document that exhibits the problems (without compromising
> confidential information) to see if others can replicate your
> experience.

I cannot post the documents I have. I can create one to reproduce
the issue. But here attachments are stripped - where can I put the
file?