On 30 Oct 2007 at 10:39, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> Also, this list seems to go to "gmane.comp.openoffice.questions" and *not*
> to "gmane.comp.openoffice.general". Does anyone know what the "general"
> group is please?

Looking at a few random headers from 'general', it looks like a gateway
to (or rather from) the OOo 'discuss' group.  /That's/ the one I tried
posting to via gmane, and got the strange message ("This account only
supports email recipients"): maybe 'discuss' doesn't accept
unsubscribed postings and that was gmane's way of telling me???

It's too late to wish gmane had picked better names, I suppose :-(

--
various incoming sites blocked because of spam; see
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk for a list and openpgp crypto key