On Tue, 20 May 2008 17:29:09 -0400
Jerry Clancy wrote:

> Jerry (Feldman) and Rodney,
>
> Interestingly, your message (Jerry) also came in as an attachment. And
> thanks for the explanation. I was remiss in not looking at the headers
> myself. As for OE being broke, to quote Insp. Renaud, it's just
> shocking. Let's cut MS a break. They've only had 20 years to get it
> right.
>
> OE really is flaky but I have so many tech groups that I read with it
> that switching to and setting up another newsreader is more grief that
> it's worth to me. I'll try to update it, though this XP Pro version
> just came in with the new box about two months ago. Now that I know
> the cause I can just open the attachments of messages I care about.

The version of Outlook (not OE) with Office 2007 was more badly broken
if anything than earlier Outlook Versions[1]. But the stuff used in
Outlook may be filtering through to OE by now.

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2007/01/10/microsoft-breaks-html-email-rendering-in-outlook/
OR
http://tinyurl.com/y5fxq5

Thunderbird does a pretty good job of sucking most things from OE into
it during the install process. You may be pleasantly surprised. If it
doesn't work, no harm done, it won't break OE.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416